Sample Daily Activity Schedule For Infants and Toddlers
Infants require a schedule that is sensitive to their sleep and feeding needs. We provide the following types of activities built around your baby’s individual schedule.
- Each infant has their own crib for sleeping. We do not use car seats or infant swings as a substitute for their crib. As your baby grows, they will sleep on a mat instead of the crib.
- Feeding is a special time for bonding between caregiver and child. Meal time is also a great time for gentle conversation that is nurturing and relaxing to your infant. Whether your baby is feeding from a bottle or transitioning to solids, feeding time is a gentle, go at their pace part of our daily routine.
Music And Movement - Music and rhythms provide wonderful stimulation to infants. Singing songs and child appropriate music are woven into our activities throughout the day.
Gross Motor Development
- As infants grow, they gain control, coordination, and strength of their various large muscle groups (arms, legs, etc.). A variety of activities and play equipment such as bouncing in the exer-saucer, rolling and crawling games, pushing toys and outdoor play equipment are available to develop your baby’s gross motor skills.
- Child development studies have shown the importance of talking to infants to stimulate and build a foundation for language and communication. We love talking to the baby’s throughout the day. Whether we are changing a diaper, eating our breakfast, or rolling around on the floor, we are always talking.
Fine Motor Development
- Playtime is a time to develop control and strength in the small muscles of the hands and fingers, as well as developing hand-eye coordination by reaching, squeezing, stacking, and other small muscle movements. We provide a wide variety of rattles, blocks, spinning toys, and more to support our fun, fine motor play throughout the day.
Outdoor Exploration And Play
- We have a fenced in grass play area on the side of the house. We will spend time outdoors with the balls, riding toys, slide and bubbles on the blanket, weather permitting. We also have a double stroller for taking short walks around the block.